Joomla is Content Management System developed in PHP (open source)
Its uses MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern
- Open Source
- Freely Available
- Developed in php
- MySQL Support which most popular database
- Admin And User Panel (Easy to Use)
- Released under the G|N|U General Public License 2 (GPL)
- Supports All International Languages
- Page Caching
- RSS Feeds
- Printable version of pages
- News Flashes
- Plugins (Third Party) Supports
- Modules Supports (to extend the functionality in Joomla)
What are pathways or breadcrumbs?
If you are on a particular page and to get to that page you had to go through several folders to find that particular page, then that series of links will be your pathway or breadcrumb. For example: Home >> Books >> Pages >> New Page.
How to remove the pathway or breadcrumbs?
If you want to remove your pathway permanently, you have to edit your html (index) file, which will normally look like this:
<?php mosPathway(); ?>
</div>. or you can search “pathway” word you can get it directly
What are section, categories and content items?
Sections and categories allow you to organize your content.
The basic structure is:
Sections => include Categories.
Categories => include content items.
- Remove the page title from the front page
To remove the title from being displayed on the front page of your site, you need to change a parameter setting in the front page component.
* First log into the administrative back end.
* On the top menu click “Menu”->”mainmenu”
* Click “Home”.
* On the right side of the screen in the parameters section, locate the “Page Title” parameter that is next to the radio buttons “Show” and “Hide”.
* Click the “Hide” radio button.
* Click the “Save” button to make your change permanent.